Gene,

>>OpsNav still seems a problem.  Today I added a new function product,
group,
>>and administrable function from scratch, using "QsyRegisterFunction" API
on
>>AS/400.  That worked fine, and I can retrieve them fine with
>>"QsyRetrieveFunctionInformation" API.  However, they don't appear in
OpsNav
>>Application Administration's "Host Functions" window.

Have you expanded all the plus signs (+) to see if the items you added
someplace where you do not expect them? Have you looked under either of the
other two tabs on the window?

>>Here is what appears in the "Host Functions" window now:
>>+ Digital Certificate Manager (DCM)
>>+ Backup Recovery and Media Services
>>+ AS/400 TCP/IP Utilities
>>+ Operating System/400
>>
>>Before V5R1, that stuff never appeared in the "Host Functions" window.
>>Instead, the only entries were the things I would add with
>>"QsyRegisterFunction" API.

Those items should be there for V5R1. Also at least some of them should
have been there for V4R5. If you did not see them then someone may have
deleted them by using a Deregister Function (QSYDRGFN,
QsyDeregisterFunction) API or by using one of the Registration Facility
APIs or commands.

I do not know if it will make any difference, but you might make sure that
you are using the V5R1 version of OpsNav.

If none of these suggestions helps, then it is probably time to contact
service.

Ed Fishel,
edfishel@US.IBM.COM