I have a D04 that has done the very same several times.  In each case, the
machine was powered off for at least a couple of weeks.  When I spoke with
IBM regarding this issue, they indicated it was a security 'feature', and
not related to a battery (as I had initially suspected).  The IBM
recommendation is to leave the machine in an active state as much as possible.

This last time they had a difficult time in successfully generating a new
password, apparently these models are considered obsolete.

At 09:11 AM 10/24/01, James H. H. Lampert wrote:
>Ladies and Gentlemen:
>
>Would any of the gurus on this list happen to know why a D02 might lose
>its system password twice in less than a year?

Regards,
Rich