Hello Dan,

I have seen some of the dialog about Fast400 in MI400 and other forums.  I
am not a "super" technical person, but I do understand your concerns and how
in concept how Fast400 works.  I have already addressed some of your
questions in an advertisement in a Midrange newsletter put together by Tim
Morgan, but I would be more than happy to address them again for you.

First, how does Fast400 work?  This is a trade secret, so I cannot tell you
what is happening "under the covers".  What I can tell you is that it
"tunes" the interactive jobs so CFINT cannot see them and therefore you get
more cycles from your processor.   I think of it as changing the priority of
the job.

 Fast400 has not broken any of IBM's contracts.  What Fast400 does is not
new to Operating Systems.  Virtually ever other OS has performance enhancers
available and the AS400 has had other products available for years that
enhance or "tune" the performance of the AS400.

If IBM renders the product useless in a future release or via a PTF,
TigerTools will either fix the problem or refund a fair portion of the
purchase price.  TigerTools is also offering Quarterly Subscription Pricing
if that is a concern.

TigerTools is a reputable company in business to make money for its
shareholders and its people, just like IBM.  Fast400 and FileMon400 are the
first two products of many that will be marketed by TigerTools.  TigerTools
understands that there is A LOT of good software sitting on shelves because
the developer does not want to be bothered with sales and marketing.  So if
you or any of your comrades have a piece of software that needs to marketed,
TigerTools would be happy to evaluate it.  If accepted, TigerTools will
market and sell the product and share the revenues with the developer.

 I hope I have addressed you questions and concerns.  TigerTools does not
staff full time people at this time (and may never), but will always return
phone calls and Emails in a timely manner.  Please share this Email with
your group and do not hesitate to ask more questions.

 Sincerely,

Chance Taylor

ctaylor@tigertools.com

800-266-7240 x1700