From: "Hohlen, Kent" <Kent.Hohlen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tue, October 12, 2010 10:13:05 AM
Subject: Re: [MAPICS-L] Anybody running Release 5.5 on V5R4?

Gogo400,

I wouldn't say we are heavily modified.  We have modified maybe a
hundred programs and display files.  What would take time to modify
would be all of our "in-house" programs that use MAPICS files and other
programs (like RF) that use the off-line load to process transactions.
We also have a configurator product that uses KBC to build customer
quote orders that I'm sure would be impacted.  There are a lot of
"fringe" programs that will require us to analyze and maybe require a
change to make work.  Of course all this depends on the release and what
changes to the file structure there are.

Like I have said, I am not the MAPICS expert here.  If my manager says
it will take 1 person 6 months to make a different release of MAPICS
work, then I trust him enough to know that is what it will take.

Kent