Dave,

We had a similar application that we built in XAR3 days which we called
our Cutting List Information. It was a slick app, we tracked dimensions
of cut sheet steel on the BOM, captured all cut info on down to the MO,
and printed out a separate work sheet with the shop packet. We even
track some of the IM transactions like Dale's, and dumped the remainder
into an OFFALL location. However, never ran MRP in this environment and
currently this application is not used now in R6 since the actual plant
and XA environment moved. But it was slick how it works and tracked
everything - home grown code we stuck in XA.

Currently we are working on something just like you are needing, but a
bit different. We are in the process of moving one of our divisions
from SAP to XA R7.7. We plan on tracking variable size item
(Cut-To-Length) bar stock info from the BOM Item level by using
integrator to build a few secondary objects to capture cut size info,
then track it down to the MFG Order Item level, and print some of this
size info on the shop packet paper work. However, once this info is on
the MFG Order item, we plan on running a Integrator object to capture a
view of the raw material items with variable size cut info. This will
then be sent to our steel vendor as they cut all bar stock for us. So
we don't really track any special left over bar stock since we get all
our correct cuts provided for us. Hope some of these ideals may help,
but none of it is very high tech either.

Claude Stoltz
IT - Project Manager
Barry-Wehmiller Companies, Inc.
claude.stoltz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx