Look at the positive side of it:

Infor/MAPICS is competing with SAP......in cost per user.

             "Rusty Jackson"
             <RustyJackson@comca
             st.net>                                                         To
             Sent by:                    "'MAPICS ERP System Discussion'"
             mapics-l-bounces@mi         <mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
             drange.com                                                      cc

                                                                        Subject
             04/05/2006 02:45 PM         Re: [MAPICS-L] [Retrieved] New iSeries
                                         and XA License Keys

              Please respond to
              MAPICS ERP System
                 Discussion
             <mapics-l@midrange.
                    com>

My oh my!  MAPICS used to be extremely competitive and affordable for the
small manufacturer but not any longer.  If they would price their product in
a reasonable manner, they would be able to get a larger percent of the
market instead of losing ground.

I started out as an IBM MAP 21 years ago when MAPICS was owned and marketed
by IBM.  We had a substantial number of installations that we supported and
worked with.  It was nothing to have six or more new installations every
year in Knoxville and the surrounding counties.  After IBM sold off MAPICS,
greed seemed to take over with the owners of MAPICS.  No longer can the
small manufacturer afford to run MAPICS due the outlandish annual fees.  How
can you justify $xx,xxx annually just to be able to use some of the modules
such as Payroll, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and General Ledger
which are basically weak accounting modules that look and function almost
the same way that they did 20 years ago other than the direct deposit
function in Payroll???

MAPICS has been a very good product through the years but, due to their
aggressive annual pricing, MAPICS/Infor is making it hard if not impossible
to justify for the clients I work with that still have MAPICS.  Five years
ago, I was working with MAPICS clients 100% of the time.  Now I only have
seven days a month committed to MAPICS accounts and each one of them are
seriously considering replacing MAPICS.  The majority of my month now
consists of clients with other packages installed or custom software.

What a shame.

Rusty Jackson
Knoxville, TN