From: mapics-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:mapics-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of LeLeux@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2005 11:18 AM
To: MAPICS ERP System Discussion
Subject: RE: [MAPICS-L] MAPICS Month End Closeouts

That's a frightening thought - exactly what piece of paper are they
signing-off?

Shur-Lok after 56 years as an independent shop was just acquired by a
large
publicly traded company.  So interesting things will most likely start in
the new future.

The immediate issue is whether to be pro-active and try to get a grip on
what it
means - or wait till corporate guides us?

Regards...james

"Ann Neal" <aneal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: mapics-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
11/10/2005 06:47 AM
Please respond to
MAPICS ERP System Discussion <mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

"MAPICS ERP System Discussion" <mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
RE: [MAPICS-L] MAPICS Month End Closeouts

Mfg acct is what used to be called cost accounting.  We installed
SCM(thruput) and are embracing theory of constraints ideology at our
plant.
The concept of thruput is that we don't care about cost dollars, just
thruput dollars.  So they renamed departments and titles, etc.

Love the levity... we have what seems to be (millions) of SOX police here
also.  Beyond ridiculous!  We can't go to the bathroom without someone
signing off a piece of paper!

Ann