Eric,

That's an interesting point.  I always use a scheduled job to do a DSPTAP
*PRINT with an eject.  Our SARBOX auditors told me I absolutely HAD to have
a tape catalog stored with the backup tape, and that gives me one.  But you
are correct in that your way will let you know it's a useless (re:
duplicate) backup tape.  My way doesn't do that.  Now I have to think about
my processing..........  again.......   Hmmmmm.......   Of course, since I
switched to disk backups, I haven't had one fail, but.....

Thanks!  I owe you a beer at next year's conference!

Dale Gindlesperger
IT Manager/Special Projects Leader
Fleetwood Folding Trailers, Inc.
258 Beacon Street
Somerset, PA  15501

             "Eric A. Wolf"
             <eric_a_wolf@hotm
             ail.com>                                                   To
             Sent by:                  "MAPICS ERP System Discussion"
             mapics-l-bounces@         <mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
             midrange.com                                               cc

                                                                   Subject
             12/20/2004 04:00          Re: Post backup command
             PM

             Please respond to
             MAPICS ERP System
                Discussion
             <mapics-l@midrang
                  e.com>

Dale,
When the job runs via the "post backup" command, I pass a parm to tell the
extra SAVLIB to unload the tape.  When it runs independently, it does just
rewind.  That way, before even signing on to a session, the system
administrator knows that the regular MAPICS backup did not run...

Eric