   seems like this might work for em.  ill pass it by em.

   Thanks again.

   From: DaleGindlesperger@xxxxxxxxxxx
   To: MAPICS ERP System Discussion <mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
   Subject: Re: data collection - T/A
   Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 15:00:20 -0400
   Pete,
   On the thin clients we use (Affirmative's and CLI's), you can set them up
   to autostart a TN5250 session and logon automatically.  I set up the
   user-ID to automatically run a CL that starts the MDCC T&A screen.  All
   you
   have to do is push the power button and in a minute you have the T&A
   clock-in/out screen.
   The green screen MDCC T&A screen works just fine - shows the name and
   in/out status.  The only issue is the lack of a running clock on the
   screen
   that is big enough for the users to see.  But since we built a buzzer
   system that the AS/400 drives, that's not an issue anymore.
   Dale Gindlesperger
   IT Manager/Special Projects Leader
   Fleetwood Folding Trailers, Inc.
   258 Beacon Street
   Somerset, PA  15501
                 Pete Olshavsky
                 <polshavsky@yahoo
                 Sent by:                  MAPICS ERP System Discussion
                 mapics-l-bounces@         <mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                 midrange.com
   cc
                                                                       Subject
                 07/29/2004 02:31          Re: data collection - T/A
                 PM
                 Please respond to
                 MAPICS ERP System
                    Discussion
                 <mapics-l@midrang
                      e.com>
   Cork,
   Are those terminals you setup  for T&A dedicated to just T&A?
   Or can/do they do other transactions?
   If dedicated is there someplace to config that certain terminals will do
   nothing but T&A??
   I guess I am not sure what you mean by autostart into T&A green screen!!!!
   Thanks
   Pete
   DaleGindlesperger@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
   Jeff,
   I think the closest you can come to a "dumb" clock for use with MDCC/PLMC
   is to use a thin client PC or terminal that autostarts into the green
   screen T&A option. We use that on several of our doors/gates - all you
   have to do is turn the device on and in a minute or so it comes up as a
   T&A
   device. No keyboard or mouse is required, just the display screen and a
   badge reader (the device is hidden away).
   Works just fine....
   Dale Gindlesperger
   IT Manager/Special Projects Leader
   Fleetwood Folding Trailers, Inc.
   258 Beacon Street
   Somerset, PA 15501
   "Jeff Snyder"
   otmail.com> To
   Sent by: mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
   mapics-l-bounces@ cc
   midrange.com
   Subject
   data collection - T/A
   07/29/2004 01:29
   PM
   Please respond to
   MAPICS ERP System
   Discussion
   e.com>
   Ref : Time / Attendance
   I have a customer who has the 'paperless' data collection product and
   would like to use dumb time clocks to record, swipe, TA in /out and
   feed
   PLMC, PMC, PR, etc.
   I am an 'application guy', and dont really have the tech. background to
   answer this inquiry.
   I was wondering if anybody had any experience in this area and had any
   suggestions , hardware wise, and or 'issue' wise.
   Thanks
   Jeff Snyder, CPIM
   Mapics Consultant