We had a 2 year prep period before we implemented all of our MAPICS modules
(first AR, AP, GL, FA, then PCC, PDM, IM, BROWSER, then COM, etc.)

As we were coming down the home stretch to implement COM (first site), we
held discussions for the next phase of the I.T. Vision, one of which
involved web enablement.  That's when we looked into COM_Net.  We bought one
(or two?) modules during the same period of time we implemented COM.  It
took 9 months to finish the COM implementation because we were implementing
multiple sites, one after the other.  It was during this same period of time
that we bought one or two more COM_Net modules and training, because it fit
in with our vision of the "next step" of web enablement.  But we still
hadn't actually implemented any of the COM_Net modules.  That's why we were
surprised at the tail end of the process, rather than the beginning.

I did not make this clear in the previous email, so I will do so here.
Passing in a 1000 byte character string is an absolute requirement for us,
and always has been, in every discussion.    The need to pass custom
information came up regularly at the demos, meetings, phone conferences and
was answered with "COM_Net will do that" and the subject changed to other
topics (catalogs, portals, price books, etc).  We had several on-site
meetings with LEXEL and our MAPICS affiliate in the same room together at
the same time.  Everybody asked the right questions.  My opinion was that
everybody did the due diligence.  I believe that our affiliate was misled
evey bit as much as we were.  Coming from an AS400 (sorry: iSeries) RPG
background where ANY program can pass a 1000 byte character string as a
parameter, when somebody says "we need to pass a 1000 byte character string"
and every reply over multiple meetings is "COM_Net will do that", it never
occurred to me or anyone else in I.T. that maybe just maybe the $51,000
worth of COM_Net we bought can't do that one simple little thing.

So what I am saying is that AT NO TIME were we told that if we bought
COM_Net we would need custom programming, or that custom programming would
even be involved, or that we would have to do the custom programming
ourselves (which we did anyway).

If you (Dale) know that COM_Net won't pass custom information, we need more
people like you to sit in these meetings, broadcast these emails, and
explain that fact to all the affiliates and LEXEL reps that don't know this.

It IS NOT and WAS NOT a simple misunderstanding.