From: "Pete Olshavsky"

To: "MAPICS ERP System Discussion"
Sent: Tuesday, April 20, 2004 2:35 PM
Subject: Re: Re: TEMGEN contains prior year PR JEs

> Al, Not sure what is going on with file. In any case. Here is pgm... This
is RPGLE

> Ftemgen up e disk
>
> C If %subst(jrfno:1:7) = 'PR00822' or
> C %subst(jrfno:1:7) = 'PR00823' or
> C %subst(jrfno:1:7) = 'PR00824' or
> C %subst(jrfno:1:7) = 'PR00825' or
> C %subst(jrfno:1:7) = 'PR00826'
> C delete temgenlt
> C Endif
>

> Pete
>

> aldg3@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi Pete Olshavsky:
>
> Thanks for your reply posting.
>
> Yes we have G/L and the interface is on between it and P/R.
>
> For some reason, prior years Period 5 P/R J/E's did not get cleared from
the TEMGEN file at the fiscal year end closing. They certainly got copied
into the CURHIS file OK during the prior year's Period 5.

> I notied that the Year field for all PR J/E's are populated only with a
zero (0); not 103 or 104 as your sample RPG program suggests.

> The five (5) prior year Period 5 P/R J/E's have Journal Reference Numbers
ranging from: PR00822-% to PR00826-%.

> Perhaps it's possible to rewrite the RPG program using the Journal
Reference Numbers at the conditional test.

> I look forward to your follow up posting and perhaps suggestions from
other Mapica ML members.

> Regards,
> Al Gershen
> Cost Accountant Lead
> ECS Composites
> Grants Pass, OR, USA
> aldg3@xxxxxxxxxxx
>

> > From: Pete Olshavsky
>
> > Date: 2004/04/20 Tue AM 10:24:49 PDT
> > To: MAPICS ERP System Discussion
> > Subject: Re: TEMGEN contains prior year PR JEs
> >
> > Al, Not sure why those records would still be in temgen.. Do you have
G/L? is the interface between P/R & G/L on? Once a month gets closed in G/L
then the Temgen records get moved to Curhis. So either, you are not using
G/L or these records got posted after 2003 period 5 was closed.