From: Ann Neal [mailto:aneal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, October 23, 2003 10:42 AM
To: MAPICS ERP System Discussion
Subject: RE: Back ups with Magstar 3570

Bryan,

Are you using the red or green Magstar tapes?  Red ones hold quite a bit
more data than the green... also a bit more expensive.   Also the MAPICS
defaults for data compression and/or data compaction were not the most
effective.  We have our MAPICS backup settings as Data Compression = 2 and
Data Compaction = 1.  Also Tape format is FMT3570E.  These settings seem to
really make a difference in the number of tapes used.

ann and kay and donald from LeTourneau