   Thomas / Mark

   the Itembl attempts to keep track of aggregate repleninshment orders, as
   well as aggregate allocations to determine 'net available'

    Launching an MO will populate the 'on-order' qty for the parent, and
   allocation qty for the components.  PO(s) will populate a purch on-order
   field.

   The PLREQ field is used to pick up customer allocations,  during customer
   order entry if you designate a '1' in allocation option during line item
   entry ie itembl allocate.  If the customer order is out several months
   then you may wish to defer the 'hard' allocate, and the system will post
   the allocate during Pick list printing, this is the original intent, and
   why the field is labeled PLREQ, (pick list requirements).

   FYI, if you have a cntrl WH (location control) you could also post  an
   allocation to the WH location, referred to as discrete allocate, to direct
   the WH picker where to pick from, and to keep the location qty  from
   appearing on duplicate pick list.  I have a customer performing this
   fuction during pick list create,  the pick list is generated on the floor,
   and picked immediately.

   (now you know the rest of the story)

   Jeff Snyder, CPIM

   Mapics Consultant