I have worked with MAPICS since it was released in the UK running on IBM
System /34 for over 20 years, working in the IT departments of user
companies, also for software houses and IBM Agents (business partners). I
have also worked with other ERP systems. In my experience (and I in general)
companies that decide to take MAPICS get as good if not a better deal than
those that choose other ERP systems.

In its 25 year history MAPICS has been a robust well documented ERP system
that has performed hand in hand with the equally good IBM System 3X / 400
hardware.

Companies that decided to invest in MAP's 25 years ago on IBM System /34 can
still use it today, most other ERP systems that were around 25 years ago do
not exist today!

A criticism I do have of MAPICS as an organisation is that in the UK and
Europe the qualities of the MAP's system are not widely sold and marketed in
the IT industry (where SAP and J D Edwards are almost household names by
comparison) and fewer companies select MAPICS simply because they do not know
about it.

Rob Cull
Independent MAP's (ERP System) Consultant
in the UK.