From: DaleGindlesperger@fft-inc.com
[mailto:DaleGindlesperger@fft-inc.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2003 7:13 PM
To: MAPICS ERP System Discussion
Subject: Re: CSM Opportunities

Konrad,

We are using CSM for order entry and maintenance.  It's working fine for
us, especially after we upgraded our iSeries from a 720 to a 270 server
model, BUT we are not using Pick-Pack-and-Ship.  We use the Offline
Shipping Enhancement.  We are using CSM user exits, but only for order
entry.  I am under the undertanding that the user exits aren't executed in
the middle of processing, only after you hit the "update" or "post" or
"create" buttons.

That required that we change how we process the orders somewhat, (we also
used UMBCOD1R and such to get information in mid-order entry in green
screen processing) but we had already developed most of the logic to
handle COM_Net orders, which are also posted in a "batch" type mode,
loaded through off-line entry.  CSM uses the user exits, but the logic
must be changed to handle batch mode - no screen handling is available.  I
have no idea if you can get external code to execute to retrieve
information for the screens.

This sounds like a good question for Paragon SI.

Dale Gindlesperger
IT Manager
Fleetwood Folding Trailers, Inc.

Konrad Underkofler <kdunderk@hoshizaki.com>
Sent by: mapics-l-bounces@midrange.com
01/15/2003 02:40 PM
Please respond to MAPICS ERP System Discussion