Robert,

We created our own using Symbol PDA's and the mocha pda
emulator. We dump the transactions into an offline file
and process multiple times during the day. Using the
emulator allowed us to add in alot of custom error checking
that MAPICS did not provide. Do note that offline support
was never really finished. OFFTRN has all the necessary
fields but the RPG code limits the transactions accepted.

Other solutions:

>You can also do the same basic thing in Java or VB running
on a PDA into offline.

>You can use the PMC transaction file to become more realtime,
just need to edit better and of course have PMC.

>You can also use the PDA screens in PLMC (Paperless) to do
similar transactions but we have not explored that option.
I believe it supports receiving in pur and shipping in com.

The biggest downside to all solutions is the barcoding and
what to barcode. Printing is a problem for users in general
and wireless printing is an even bigger problem... But it can
be overcome you just need to think about what are the base
requirements and what type of flexibility do you require.

Regards

Konrad