From: Ron Hankey/PEMSTAR Inc [mailto:Ron.Hankey@pemstar.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 10, 2002 2:04 PM
To: mapics-l@midrange.com
Subject: Re: Automating IM off-line batch update

Mike

The PRTIMTXR command simply processes the transaction register for batches
that
are already closed. You need to create the batches first.
In order to create offline IM transactions (I assume you're
talking about inventory transactions RP, RM, IP, etc.), you need to first
create the
OFFTRN file as documented in App. A of the IM Users Guide (I'm at Rel 6.).

There is no automated method of loading OFFTRN into MAPICS, use menu
AMIM30 option 2.
You should get an edit listing containing any errors.
Now that the batch is created you can use the PRTIMTXR command to print
the transaction register.

This is not an exhaustive analysis but it looks like in order to automate
the whole process
you'll need, at a minimum, to get the source for AMI3B and AMI3C. If you
don't have source
both of these can be downloaded from the MAPICS support web site.

Good Luck

>I have a customer that is trying to automate the update of IM off-line
>batches.  The IM command to do this is PRTIMTXR (IM User Guide page h-8,
>H-9).  It does not appear that PRTIMTXR provides for passing batch
selection
>parameters.  The documentation does not indicate that the parameters on
Menu
>AMIM30, 3, (1. All closed batches, 2. Single closed batch, 3. Closed
batches
>by workstation ID) can be passed with a program.  We would like to be
able
>to automate by passing information on options 2 or 3.  Any ideas or
guidance
>is appreciated.

Ron Hankey - CPIM
Applications Programmer