Joan, can you just use the Split MO function... qty of 5 on one and 195 on
the other?

-----Original Message-----
From: mapics-l-admin@midrange.com [mailto:mapics-l-admin@midrange.com]On
Behalf Of McCready, Joan
Sent: Tuesday, November 12, 2002 6:36 AM
To: 'mapics-l@midrange.com'
Subject: RE: Link multiple MO's to a CO LI Rel

's OK, Pete - I didn't explain very well, and I assumed that everyone does
things the same way.

Sample / first article - we manufacture to customer's engineering
drawing/blueprint, so when we are making a new item for the very first time,
say the customer's order is for 200 pieces, we make a "sample" run of one to
five pieces to see if our engineering is OK or if we need to re-work the
design, before we begin production of the other 195 pieces. However, to plan
for capacity and to make the ship date, we issue both MO's (the sample and
the rest) at the same time. If things go radically wrong with the sample, we
delete the production MO (if it hasn't already been started), rework the
routing and BOM, then reissue, but 99% of the time, we can just go in and
manually "tweak" the existing production MO.

As for MOMAST, I just finally had the time to check the logical files. Since
logical MOMASTLG is by customer order number, I had to make sure it wasn't
designed with a key of UNIQUE (it isn't), so I should be "good to go" to
allow manual entry of the customer order information in the MOMAST fields.
I'll let y'all know...

        Thanks again - Joan