From: DaleGindlesperger@fft-inc.com
[mailto:DaleGindlesperger@fft-inc.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 31, 2002 11:14 AM
To: mapics-l@midrange.com
Subject: RE: EPDM Usage

The "synch" problem I mentioned is that you have to be careful when
updating EPDM to PDM (or dumping the ITMRVx data into the related
ITEMASx
files).  In our case, since we have the items set up differently between
the two sites (long story), if Purchasing or Engineering doesn't keep
the
correct site's ITMRVx updated to ITEMASx, we get costing problems.  I
saw
an earlier posting about classes on this from Jeff Snyder -
interestingly
enough, he's who taught us how to keep it straight, and if the users
would
keep following the procedures we developed, there wouldn't be a problem.

I didn't clear ROUTNG or PSTRUC - I guess I could (should) have done
that.
 The work flow I mentioned wasn't MAPICS', or any other software - it's
manual process.  MAPICS WorkFlow is another one I have on my plate for
sometime in the future, when I have a spare six months or so......  ;)

Dale @ Fleetwood

"Ann Neal" <aneal@letourneau-inc.com>
Sent by: mapics-l-admin@midrange.com
07/31/02 12:54 PM