We have been using MAPICS for 15+ years.  We have only a couple small
modifications that pertain to an EDI trading partner relationship with a
customer. (Our customer insisted we accept an 830, requirements document but
process it like an 850, purchase order.)  Technically this is not custom
code but a unique EDI mapping.  For this same customer we print barcoded
labels that are affixed to each item we ship.  The labels are printed during
the pick list program.  This is our only modification.  So I guess we're
about 99.9% vanilla MAPICS.
Soon, I will be adding AM+ and Browser and moving from XA4 to XA6.  Right
now we're focusing on a new product line.  So, for the moment we am still
100% green screen but looking forward to trying some GUI.
We are running PDM, IM, PCC, MRP, PUR, COM, AP, AR, GL, & PR.  From 3rd
parties we've added Perms (human resource), Peregrine EDI and FSU, Financial
Statement Utility.  They help.
Do I get adequate info?  Yes.  We have 4 divisions w/in MAPICS.  OEM Metal
Stamping, OEM Machined Parts, a small production supply warehouse, and the
new product line which is an assemble to order metal fab business.  Metal
Stamping is high volume but low unit cost and our Machined parts are the
opposite.  The reason I added a description of our businesses is that the
information needs of machined parts are different than metal stampings and
assemble to order metal fab will demand different information than the other
two.  We address the different information requirements with RPG and query
reports to meet the needs of the user.  In my opinion the key to our success
is that our USERS appreciate a workable solution.

Les