We have tried to automate this process at Central as follows.

1:  When a order is finished the person responsible for assuring the order
is complete issues a RM with a quantity of 0 and a completion code of C.
2:  Every night we run a program that generates a OC for orders that have
the RM done to them, and are not outside an acceptable variance percentage
as determined by our accounting department.
3:  Any orders that are not selected are printed on a investigation report
to the production supervisors for investigation.  If there are errors the
supervisor will insure that the problem is fixed or if it is a valid
variance then will issue a OC transaction for the order into a custom
screen that we have written.

Tony Forrest
Director I.T.
Central Plastics Company

                    "McCready, Joan"

                    <Joan.McCready@metalt        To:
"'MAPICS-L@midrange.com'" <MAPICS-L@midrange.com>
                    ekint.com>                   cc:

                    Sent by:                     Subject:     RE: Closing
Manufacturing Orders
                    owner-mapics-l@midran

                    ge.com

                    04/02/01 09:46 AM

                    Please respond to

                    MAPICS-L

Dear Mr. Schramm -

In a perfect world, every work order reaches status 55.  I don't live in a
perfect world - approximately 0% of our MO's ever reach status 55, and we
don't have the manpower to go back and "pretty up" the MOs so they are at
status 55!  So they are manually closed, one by one - usually sitting at
status 45.

Joan McCready, IS Manager              phone:  636-479-4499
The Carondelet Corporation                fax:  636-479-3399
A MetalTek International Company     www.metaltekint.com
8600 Commercial Blvd
Pevely, MO  63070