  • Subject: RE: Documentation for Who Made Changes to Item Master File
  • From: Steve.Watson@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 11:39:03 -0400

I should also mention that any of our Client Architecture (PDM+, EPDM, PM,
CSM, OBPM, MM etc) products have the ability to track maintenance changes
on most MAPICS objects. In this case you could use PDM+ or EPDM to track
maintenance changes to the item master. This will show you the actual
change, who made it and when. This is all shown on-line and you can use
sorts and subsets to get to the particular change, e.g. sort by date or
userid or subset to find all the changes to a particular field on a
specific date. This is not limited to just item master, for example if you
have Procurement Management (PM) you can track changes to Purchase Orders,
Requisitions or Vendor information or if you have our new R6 Order Based
Production Management (OBPM) product you can track changes to Manufacturing
Orders.

The other advantage of the Client Architecture is that it allows you to
limit access by user to certain fields. For example some users will have
access to change cost information on the item master, others will only be
able to view it and others will not even be able to see it displayed.

Hope this helps

Steve Watson
MAPICS, Inc.

+---