Thanks Frank,

I couldn't repair the damage - no matter how many changes and xrdb's I did
the results were always slightly different from waht I was hoping for... but
I noticed your xrm suggestion and that was perfect.

For the record, I just added -xrm 'xt5250*color1:yellow' to xt5250 and saved
it as 3 different files: yellow5250, blue5250 and green5250.

I know it's a long way round, but hopefully other people will have the
benefit of a HOWTO or FAQ explaining where xt5250 ends and xterm starts...

Thanks,

Brendan