On Wed, Aug 22, 2001 at 04:20:27PM +0100, Brendan Bispham wrote:

> 1) Do I have to restart X for the Xresources to take effect?

No, you can allways merge your .Xresources in the running X with
xrdb -merge ~/.Xresources

> 2) Which color is which?

xt5250*color0:                   black
xt5250*color1:                   red
xt5250*color2:                   green
xt5250*color3:                   yellow
xt5250*color4:                   blue
xt5250*color5:                   magenta
xt5250*color6:                   cyan
xt5250*color7:                   white
xt5250*color8:                   black
xt5250*color9:                   red, with highlight attribute
xt5250*color10:                  green, with highlight attribute
xt5250*color11:                  yellow, with highlight attribute
xt5250*color12:                  blue, with highlight attribute
xt5250*color13:                  magenta, with highlight attribute
xt5250*color14:                  cyan, with highlight attribute
xt5250*color15:                  black

Original color attribute BLUE is mapped in cursesterm.c to
CYAN+highlight, so color4 is never reached, but color14 instead.
I think, this should be fixed and the mapping of colors using
X-Resources should be documented somewhere (HOWTO?).

--
Esda Feinstrumpffabrik GmbH
Frank Richter, Leiter EDV