× The internal search function is temporarily non-functional. The current search engine is no longer viable and we are researching alternatives.
As a stop gap measure, we are using Google's custom search engine service.
If you know of an easy to use, open source, search engine ... please contact support@midrange.com.



Thanks for the update Pete. I'll see if I can't play around with this on the
weekend. I know some one on the GlassFish admin console team, so we might be
able to get some help there.
--
James R. Perkins


On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 14:52, Pete Helgren <pete@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

So here is what I have been able to ascertain about Glassfish 3.0.1 on i:

I was able to get it *running* by using the following techniques:

Originally I had to run it using puTTY or qp2term because the output in
QSH was unintelligible. But with the following changes (and I don't
know which ones) I see everything fine in QSH.
1. I added the JAVA_HOME=/QOpenSys/QIBM/ProdData/JavaVM/jdk60/32bit
to the beginning of the asadmin shell script in
/glassfishv3/glassfish/bin (using EDTF).
2. I added the AS_JAVA=/QOpenSys/QIBM/ProdData/JavaVM/jdk60/32bit to
the beginning of the asenv.conf filet in /glassfishv3/glassfish/config
(using EDTF)
3. I removed the -client entry in domain.xml in the java config
section. I also upped the value of MaxPermSize to 384m.

The server starts and is running since I can get the "success" page when
I access port 8080 of the server. What I cannot do is get the admin
application to run. When I access the admin port (4848) I see the
following:

HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report

message

descriptionThe server encountered an internal error () that prevented it
from fulfilling this request.

exception

javax.servlet.ServletException:
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException while attempting to process
a 'initPage' event for '/common/index.jsf'.

root cause

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
while attempting to process a 'initPage' event for '/common/index.jsf'.

root cause

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

root cause

javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactoryConfigurationError: Provider
com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.trax.TransformerFactoryImpl not
found


This looks similar to this post:
http://www.experts-exchange.com/OS/AS_-_400/Q_25353948.html

In the case of the OP he was able to get it working using the Classic
Java 6 JDK by removing all of the XX entries in the Java Config
section. That solution did NOT work for me, although I am running the
32 bit version in this case.

The console page shows that it is installing and loading and then it
indicates that it is trying to display the login page and then it croaks
with the HTTP 500 status page. I have been able to deploy a sample
application so it *seems* like everything is working, with the exception
of the web admin console.

Just an FYI on the progress, or lack thereof.

Pete Helgren
Value Added Software, Inc
www.valadd.com
www.opensource4i.com


As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

This thread ...

Replies:

Follow On AppleNews
Return to Archive home page | Return to MIDRANGE.COM home page

This mailing list archive is Copyright 1997-2023 by midrange.com and David Gibbs as a compilation work. Use of the archive is restricted to research of a business or technical nature. Any other uses are prohibited. Full details are available on our policy page. If you have questions about this, please contact [javascript protected email address].

Operating expenses for this site are earned using the Amazon Associate program and Google Adsense.