From: java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen
Sent: Monday, December 24, 2007 8:34 AM
To: Java Programming on and around the iSeries / AS400
Subject: Re: Programmers Toolkit GUI Builder and building applications

Brian Leathem skrev den 24-12-2007 06:50:

I've been looking at using the Spring Framework. From what I
understand so far, it not only uses an XML file to build your GUI, but
the same xml file governs how the components interact. I'm just wary
of wandering down the path of yet another framework, which may or may
not be supported 10 years down the road when we have to undergo code
maintenance.
If this is a major concern for you, then you should definitively
consider my earlier suggestion of raw Swing code in Java files, instead
of using a framework to do so.

This means either doing it yourself (which is rather tedious but doable)
or using a visual editor which knows raw Java. The Matisse editor in
Netbeans might also be suitable for you, since it is very easy to use,
create good results, and IIRC can generate finished Java code, which you
then can later use with a visual editor which knows raw Java.