Larry Ducie wrote:
Has anybody used the iSeries Access Programmers Toolkit GUI Builder to build
applications which interact with an iSeries?

Hi Larry,

I'm curious to hear how this one turns out for you; I'm trying to make a similar decision for our team. I developed my first Swing App using the WDSC tooling, but the code I'm left with doesn't feel "lowly coupled" nor "highly cohesive"... Perhaps taking the layout part our of the code into PCML files is the answer, but it doesn't seem like a very fundamental change.

I've been looking at using the Spring Framework. From what I understand so far, it not only uses an XML file to build your GUI, but the same xml file governs how the components interact. I'm just wary of wandering down the path of yet another framework, which may or may not be supported 10 years down the road when we have to undergo code maintenance.

If you don't mind, post your PCML investigation results to the group, I'd love to hear how it works out for you.

Brian