Paul,

We typically have a share on the logs folder so we can map a drive to it. You can then open the file with notepad (it won't open with Wordpad while it is locked).

Pete Helgren

Paul Holm wrote:
It seems that the System i Java is locking standard output files whereas
Windows does not.

For example: Running WebSphere or Tomcat on the System I and when
experiencing a problem, you go to the logs such as the System.out file or
Log4J files. Try to open the files and you get a “file locked” error. It
forces you to copy the logs to another file to view.

This does not appear to be the behavior on Windows.

Anybody have a solution or better workaround for this issue?

Thanks, Paul Holm

Develop Web Applications in Minutes!

www.planetJavaInc.com
760-432-0600

Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.472 / Virus Database: 269.9.4/860 - Release Date: 6/21/2007
5:53 PM