    At this point ( assuming V5R3 ), you're probably better off with the
Toolbox.  To check if it's installed, use

go licpgm

and select option 10 - Display installed licensed programs

look for

5722JC1    Toolbox for Java

if it's not there. install it.

Also see:

"How do I install the Licensed Program on iSeries or AS/400?"

http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/toolbox/faq.htm#faqB

    As to

> Can some help me direct as to what the problem is. I looked in the
> QIBM/ProdData/HTTP/Public/jt400/com/ibm/as400/access folder
> on the as400 and there is nothing in this folder.

    Look for the jars in

/QIBM/ProdData/HTTP/Public/jt400/lib

                                                         Joe Sam

Joe Sam Shirah -        http://www.conceptgo.com
conceptGO       -        Consulting/Development/Outsourcing
Java Filter Forum:       http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/java/
Just the JDBC FAQs: http://www.jguru.com/faq/JDBC
Going International?    http://www.jguru.com/faq/I18N
Que Java400?            http://www.jguru.com/faq/Java400