Hi All,
 I'm trying to implement JAVA application which would write data directly
from AS400 to MSSql server.
I found Microsoft Type 4 JDBC driver, installed it on AS400, created a
program, and here is what I've got :

It takes about 10 seconds to write 1000 records over the network. At the
begining I thought that it may be a network performance but it's not.

Here are the 3 different methods of inserts I've tried but all of them
giving me approximately the same numbers , about 1000 inserts per 10
seconds.

Question, What am I doing wrong ? or is it possible to write it faster than
that at all ?

         PreparedStatement  myPreparedStatment =
connection.prepareStatement("insert into
TESTTABLE(CUSTOMER_NAME,CUSTOMER_AGE) values(?, ?)");
         //CallableStatement  myStatement = connection.prepareCall("insert
into TESTTABLE(CUSTOMER_NAME,CUSTOMER_AGE) values(?, ?)");

         // Execute an update.
        for(int i =0; i<Var1; i++)
        {
// Method 1
-
          myPreparedStatment.setString(1, "Test");
          myPreparedStatment.setInt(2, i);
          myPreparedStatment.addBatch();
// Method 1 end

// Method 2 ( uncomment Callable statement on the top
-

//          myStatement.setString(1, "Roman Prigozhin");
//          myStatement.setInt(2, i);
//          myStatement.addBatch();

// Method 2 end
------------------------

// Method 3
//          String InsertRecord = "insert into
TESTTABLE(CUSTOMER_NAME,CUSTOMER_AGE) values('Roman Prigozhin', "+i+")";
//          PreparedStatement ps =
connection.prepareStatement(InsertRecord);
//          int updateCount = ps.executeUpdate();
//          ps.close();

 // Method 3 end

        }

        myPreparedStatment.executeBatch();