What you are doing wrong is attempting to insert one row at a time.

If you've got 1000 rows ready to insert, insert them in one statement.

See if you can do a "blocked insert" into SQL Server using the JBDC driver.

Here's an example of a blocked insert into DB2:

//Create a database connection
Connection c = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:db2:*local;use block
insert=true");
BigDecimal bd = new BigDecimal("123456");

// Create a PreparedStatement to insert into a table with 4 columns
PreparedStatement ps =
  c.prepareStatement("insert into cujosql.xxx values(?, ?, ?, ?)");

// Start timing...
for (int i = 1; i <= 10000; i++) {
  ps.setInt(1, i);                       // Set all the parameters for a row
  ps.setBigDecimal(2, bd);
  ps.setBigDecimal(3, bd);
  ps.setBigDecimal(4, bd);
  ps.addBatch();                         //Add the parameters to the batch
}

// Process the batch
int[] counts = ps.executeBatch();

// End timing...

Notice the "use block insert=true" in the getConnection call.  Also the call
to ps.executeBatch().

HTH,
Charles