Joe,

On Wednesday 18 September 2002 15:17, you wrote:
> > From: Dieter Bender
> >
> > What about Multithreading and multiple JVMs running in parallel on a
> > Multiprocessor system???
>
> What about it?  RPG can do the same thing, Dieter.  You can just as easily
> (more easily, in fact)

you must write all of your synchronisation by hand.

> submit multiple programs to batch to take advantage
> of multiple processors.

It can't and you know (people writing about the glory of cycle programming
don't); java has built in multithreading and using rpg, you must make it
serialized and loose multithreading.

> > I will rewrite any rpg batch job in java, running faster than
> > rpg, if the box
> > has enough power! And you don't need to pay a cent if the rpg batch runs
> > faster.
>
> Rather than make claims, why not just prove your point, Dieter?  Write two
> programs, one in RPG, one in Java, that do the same thing.  For example,
> read a record in a file, add 1 to a counter, and update the record.  Do
> this 10,000 times.  Time them and provide us the results and the code.

you didn't read my posting: who pays, if it runs faster. BTW this is proven
every day with servlets versus cgi.