And that's why PSC400 supports function keys.

> As far as web-facing in general goes I have three major problems with it.
> 1) The interactive tax.

PSC400 avoids the interactive tax.

> 2) Only works with IE as browser according to an IBM presentation
> to LISUG a
> couple of months ago. I believe this has to do with the fact that
> they used
> DHTML to support some of the features and DHTML is only available on IE

PSC400 is almost pure HTML, and for the most part works fine with Netscape.
Only a very few features require IE (unfortunately, function keys are
currently one of those things, but we're working on it).

> 3) Requires websphere. Currently WS is free, but my understanding from a
> LISUG presentation last week is that version 4 and beyond aren't free at
> all.

PSC400 requires a servlet engine, as does any JSP development.  It doesn't
need to be WebSphere.

The biggest drawback to PSC400 is that it requires minor modifications to
the source, since there is currently no other way to get around the
interactive tax.  We've made that as painless as possible, though, by
creating a tool that does the conversion automatically.

Joe Pluta
www.plutabrothers.com