Joe,

I know this is not an HTML forum, but I am curious. What did you find was
lacking and
what was better in HTML compared to 5250? I have found a lot of people do not
recognize many of the capabilities of HTML and are writing it off in favor of
activeX
controls and applets. If you can assume a recent browser, the limitations are
pretty
minor. Except for function keys (unless someone is willing to share their
JavaScript
magic), I haven't found anything that we couldn't do, and in most cases do
better
than 5250. We do not have a tool but use an open source foundation from the
Apache
group. We also escape the 5250 and WebSphere tax.

David Morris

>>> joepluta@PlutaBrothers.com 09/25/01 09:01PM >>>
I'm not sure, Phil, except as a quick way to put a pretty face on your old
applications.  It's technically free, but it requires not only WebSphere,
but also a hefty interactive CPW as well.  As far as I know, there are very
few solutions out there that manage to remove the interactive tax.  I
believe Jacada does, but they impose a heavy performance penalty by using a
lot of RMI calls in their server middleware.  The only other tool I know of
that you can see a working demonstration of today is my PSC400 product.

Also, as far as I know, only my product has a true "green screen emulation"
that emulates most typical green screen features through pure HTML (as
opposed to an applet).  That way, you can have a version that requires
virtually no retraining, while still having the option to create a
customized front end with a more "graphical" look and feel - both using the
same RPG program (which, by the way, will still run as an interactive 5250
application if you need it to!).

Joe Pluta
www.plutabrothers.com