• Subject: DB2/400 JDBC Connections
  • From: "THORN Serge (GVA)" <Serge.THORN@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 12:26:49 +0100

We are currently working on a tree-tiers architecture based on
Java/CORBA/JDBC technologies.
A Java Applet talks with a Java CORBA server on AS400 which talks with a
DB2/400 database.
We have two possible JDBC connection strategies :

1) create a JDBC connection for each user when he connects to the system.

2) create a pool of JDBC connections and affect one connection of the pool
to a requesting user for the time of the request.

For the first solution, the question is :

for each IBM DB2/400 JDBC driver (native and non-native), how many
simultaneous JDBC connections could a DB2 database on AS400 handle ???

Thanks for an answer

Serge