Well, I said the other day that the problem was gone, but it recurred
shortly after I read your message.  At least I have the logging options
suggested by Walter in place this time...

Regarding your suggestions:

1 - DSPSFWRSC doesn't show 5722PT1 on my server.  Which I guess you
already knew, since I didn't have WRKSYSACT available.  Thanks for the
suggestion on the Management Central -- I'll check it out.

3 - I've had that particular option active for at least two years.  Before
we went behind our antispam provider, I used that (and Hold Undeliverable
messages) to harvest spammer information and block their IP addresses from
connecting to my server.  Time-intensive and of limited success, but it
made a difference and made me feel better.  ;-)  Once we were behind the
antispam server, I enabled that option on the server.

Patrick

rob@xxxxxxxxx
Sent by: domino400-bounces+ptrapp=nex-tech.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
01/04/2006 01:47 PM
Please respond to
Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: Normal CPU?

1 - I don't think WRKSYSACT is part of PM/400.  It's part of 5722PT1.
Performance Tools.  See DSPSFWRSC
A workaround is to use the Management Central part of ISeries Navigator.
Nice charts - will catch overnights, etc.
iSeries Navigator
Management Central
Monitors
System
Dig from there.  We love it.

2 - Newer machines can run at ungodly percentages.  Especially these i5's.

 Not uncommon for us to hit over 200% of the CPU.  When I say this I
usually get a snicker from someone who wants to know how to overclock
their iSeries cpu also.

3 - Biggest performance increase we ever got was moving to R6 of Domino
and changing
Configuration Document (not server document)
Router/SMTP
Restrictions and Controls
SMTP Inbound Controls
Inbound Indended Recipients Controls
Verify that local domain recipients exist in the Domino Directory - Enable

that.
Before, we'd get a bazillion messages in the mail.box that we'd have to
manually clear out a couple of times a day.  Otherwise mail would just
about come to a halt.
Having said all that - probably unrelated to your issue.