I neglected to follow up on this, but I discovered that while MGTC is
started, it's not accepting connections.  Every time I have attempted to
use Management Central, I have had to stop and restart the MGTC server.
Even after doing that, however, the monitors all fail, so Management
Central is currently a bust for me.  Any pointers much appreciated.

Patrick

"Patrick Trapp" <ptrapp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: domino400-bounces+ptrapp=nex-tech.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
01/06/2006 05:19 PM
Please respond to
Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: Normal CPU?

FYI:  When you try to start the MGTC server and it is already started, you

will get an error saying that it could not be started due to reason 01.
Reason 01 is that the server is already active.  We're going to do a
little work on my client and see if there's an issue with this end of
things.  Thanks again.

Patrick

"Patrick Trapp" <ptrapp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: domino400-bounces+ptrapp=nex-tech.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
01/06/2006 05:10 PM
Please respond to
Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: Normal CPU?

Thanks, Tom

I did a netstat, option 3, and it shows as-mgtctrlj already running in a
listen state.  In fact, I see a couple of the same associated with my IP
address that are in an established state.  Possibly from my attempts to
connect earlier?  Thanks for the tip, it gives me some more things to try.

Patrick

Tom Kreimer <tkreimer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: domino400-bounces+ptrapp=nex-tech.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
01/06/2006 04:47 PM
Please respond to
Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: Normal CPU?

STRTCPSVR *MGTC should start Management Central it if it is not running,
but it has been my experience that this autostarts (not sure how to check
that).
====================================
Tom Kreimer
Information Alternatives

Still unable to find much useful information on this.  I'm sure it's more
due to my lack of expertise than the tools available.  To that end, is the

Management Central piece dependent on some process running on the iSeries?

 It fails to start when I try to start the sample monitor and I'm not
having much luck (between support calls, of course) locating documentation

to point me in the right direction.

Thanks,
Patrick