Yes I too have the same requirements as Roger,  I have a mailbox named
sales@mydomain.com.  I share this box with several users who periodically
check the box for incoming messages.   I would rather have an automated
system that would automatically notify the users assigned to this mailbox
whenever new mail arrives.

I have seen a similar function with Domino discussion groups that will
automatically notify database subscribers whenever the database has
changed.  I have not used this function so I don't know how great it is. I
have an open ticket with domino support on this issue.

Any one have any clues here?