  • Subject: Re: Supporting multiple IP addresses on a single 400
  • From: rob@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 08:48:35 -0500

Thought I'd keep everyone posted on how this is going.

1)  Went to CFGTCP, 10. 'Work with TCP/IP host table entries' and basically
did the following:
ADDTCPHTE INTNETADR('10.10.1.213') HOSTNAME((GDISYS.DEKKO.COM)) TEXT
('Domino Server GDISYS')
ADDTCPHTE INTNETADR('198.1.1.216') HOSTNAME((GDISYS01.DEKKO.COM)) TEXT
('Domino Server GDISYS01')
ADDTCPHTE INTNETADR('198.1.1.218') HOSTNAME((GDISYS02.DEKKO.COM)) TEXT
('Domino Server GDISYS02')
ADDTCPHTE INTNETADR('10.10.1.144') HOSTNAME((GDSHELPB.DEKKO.COM)) TEXT
('Domino Server GDSHELPB')

2)  Went into the server doc for each server
a)  Ports, Internet Ports, Web
    Make sure that TCP/IP port number is 80 and enabled
b)  Internet Protocols, HTTP
    Host name:  I used what I had in ADDTCPHTE, for example
GDISYS.DEKKO.COM
    Bind to host name:  Enabled
    DNS lookup Enabled
    Allow HTTP clients to browse databases:  I have this turned on for now,
caution on that.
    Most I have the home url set to /?Open  on others I set it to something
else.
c)  Internet Protocols, Domino Web Engine
    Port number 80

Now from my browser I can type in
GDISYS and it will open up the list of databases on server GDISYS.  And the
same for GDISYS01 and GDSHELPB.  GDISYS02 opens up a test version of our
home page.
I can also type in any of the 4 ip addresses and they'll initiate the
proper web site.

Thanks to those on the list.  But mostly thanks to the gentleman I talked
to at IBM support who kept his head when I couldn't.  Incident 66263,500.

Now it's on my list to fix the 7 partitions on another 400.  But that will
have to wait until I get this other 400 fired up, Domino installed and our
web site configured.  I guess when the company newsletter came out and
announced the availability of our web site that I better get it running.

Once more, into the breach lads!