To: consult400@midrange.com
Subject: Re: [Consult400] Re: ICCA members
From: rob@dekko.com
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 10:36:45 -0500

> Steve,
>
> I think your opinion is full of horse hockey.  Prejudicing someone because
> they are certified is bunk.  There is no way some newbie could pass those
> ICCP tests.  Especially the management ones.  Questions on there included
> some stuff I only learned when negotiating maintenance contracts, etc.
> Some guy here, a VERY sharp and proficient coder had a tough time with
> these questions.

Rob, I apologize if I have offended you or anyone else reading the postings.
You are right.  It is a prejudice that I need to dispense with.  I'm sure
that it purely concidence that I have had the experiences that I mentioned.
However, old prejudices die hard...

I am so full of it, well, you know it was just an opinion...but then again
you know what they say about opinions and a**holes.

> You SHOULD take some of these tests.  Then maybe your opinion would
> change.  I liked it when I took my ICCP test at COMMON, years ago.

If I had already taken and passed some of the tests, I would probably have a
different opinion, as you say.

But one thing's for sure:

When I do become certified, I probably won't be signing my corresponce and
emails with Steve Landess, CDP or Steve Landess, CCP.
That's just not me.  I WILL have the certifications listed on my resume, and
I will mention it when I am interviewing, If I believe that it is relevant.
By the way, I notice that you don't indicate your certification(s) after
your postings...

Steve Landess, BUFF (Big Ugly Fat F***er)
Austin, Texas
(512) 423-0935