THANK YOU!  I've got it working.

                    batthish@ca.ibm.com

                    Sent by:                      To:
CODE400-L@midrange.com
                    code400-l-owner@UUCPHO        cc:

                    ST.MCS.NET                    Subject:     RE: Option in
PDM for starting up
                                                  code/400

                    05/11/01 09:18 AM

                    Please respond to

                    CODE400-L

Hi Penny,

I hope this will clear up the confusion:

1) When you issue the STRCODE command, or when a auto-connect server is
started, the STRCODE user space is created in your *CURLIB.  If the user
space is already, there it is updated with your latest data UNLESS you
specify *PREV in the STRCODE command (*PREV tell the STRCODE command to use
what was stored in the user space.

2) When the STRCODE command or EVFCFDBK look for the user space, they look
through the library list, NOT specifcally the *CURLIB.

So in your case, if there was more than one STCODE *USRSPC in your library
list, I would recommend the following:
1) delete all the STRCODE *USRSPC objects  in library list  (CODE will
recreate it as needed)
2) issue the STRCODE command, this should recreate the user space in your
current library
3) try your PDM command again.

thanks,
Violaine Batthish
CODE/400 Project Lead
batthish@ca.ibm.com          IBMCA(BATTHISH)

CODE/400 page:  http://www.ibm.com/software/ad/varpg
WDT/400 Support :
http://www.ibm.com/software/ad/wdt400/update_downloads.html

                    Penny_Lancor.OGIDM@o
                    akdene.com                 To:
CODE400-L@midrange.com
                    Sent by:                   cc:
                    owner-code400-l@midr       Subject:     RE: Option in
PDM for starting up code/400
                    ange.com

                    05/11/2001 09:52 AM
                    Please respond to
                    CODE400-L

Thanks, for the many suggestions.  I definitely think that you are on the
right track in regards to the STRCODE user space.  We do have unique
current libraries, but the STRCODE user space doesn't seem to be getting
created in my current library.  There is a STRCODE *usrspc in QGPL (which I
renamed to STRCODE_SV) and in two of my co-worker's libraries, but not
mine.  When does this user space get created - when CODE/400 is started
and/or when the STRCODE server is started?  Is there something special I
need to do to get this object created?  I have duplicated the QGPL version
into my library, but it still starts up CODE/400 on my co-worker's desktop.

Again, thanks for all your suggestions.

Penny Lancor
Oakdene Group, Inc.
Technical Services

                    Chris Proctor

                    <cproctor@gartsports.c        To:
"'CODE400-L@midrange.com'"
                    om>                           <CODE400-L@midrange.com>

                    Sent by:                      cc:

                    code400-l-owner@UUCPHO        Subject:     RE: Option
in PDM for starting up
                    ST.MCS.NET                    code/400

                    05/10/01 09:37 AM

                    Please respond to

                    CODE400-L

Hi Penny,

We had the same problem when we first brought it up. The way we corrected
it, and correct me if I'm wrong guys, is to create individual libraries and
set them up as our *CURLIB. This way, when we brought up code/400 it would
create the STRCODE *USRSPC in the current library rather than our default,
which was QGPL.  Obviously, with everyone set to default, everyone was
accessing the same STRCODE in QGPL and message were routed to the wrong
workstation.  This should take care of your problem. We set up individual
libraries specifically or the STRCODE, because we sometime copy files into
out personal libraries for testing, so we didn't want them as or *CURLIB.
If you don't have that problem, then just set your *CURLIB to your personal
lib and you should be good to go.

Chris