  • Subject: Re: Option in PDM for starting up code/400
  • From: "Dave Shaw" <daveshaw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 10:31:01 -0400

Penny,

I think what you probably need to do is to run STRCODE once manually in a
5250 session, prompting for the parameters and being sure to enter the
server name that you want to use AND the name of YOUR PC.  The defaults for
these parameters are *PRV, which means use the values from the user space.
It sounds like the user space that your setup is using was created for your
co-worker's PC, not yours.  Entering your information should cause your copy
of the user space to be changed - hopefully it will be the one in your
*CURLIB which gets changed, and not your co-worker's somewhere else.

I am not absolutely certain about this, by the way, as I've never used
anything except the manual STRCODE in a 5250 session.  However, I have
observed that I can have CODE running from two different PC's, both under MY
user profile, by merely making sure that I specify the correct PC name on
the STRCODE command for each one.

Good luck!

Dave Shaw
Simpsonville, SC
---
If you would like to subscribe to the MAPICS-L mailing list send email to
MAPICS-L-SUB@midrange.com or go to www.midrange.com and follow the
instructions.