If you are already on 7.1 then you are correct, you are past the initial
6.1 ANZOBJCVN concerns (I worked with SSA a little on that).

Since you are not on support I would insist on a full system save
beforehand. This way you can go back before they get too involved with
data. Also, have a test plan in place so you can find any issues before
you're past the point of it hurting REALLY bad if you have to go back to
7.1.
They will have stay on their current machine since they have no support.
Sooner or later it's going to hurt. They need to decide if they are ever
going back on support they might as well take the beating and get it over
with. If they are going back, delaying it just makes it hurt worse.

We don't run anything that old. We were on LX8something since 7.1 or
earlier.



Rob Berendt

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

This thread ...

Follow-Ups:
Replies:

Follow On AppleNews
Return to Archive home page | Return to MIDRANGE.COM home page

This mailing list archive is Copyright 1997-2021 by midrange.com and David Gibbs as a compilation work. Use of the archive is restricted to research of a business or technical nature. Any other uses are prohibited. Full details are available on our policy page. If you have questions about this, please contact [javascript protected email address].

Operating expenses for this site are earned using the Amazon Associate program and Google Adsense.