At year end, before we reset various YTD fields to zero, we have a couple
queries. One shows statistics by vendor, another by largest YTD on down ...
that's by $ total business.

There's other files, which also need to run whatever reports before YTD is
reset to zero. We have this situation where relevant Management says "oh
no, we don't need those reports, go ahead and do End Year." Then 2 months
later the auditors or someone needs that data, and not in any form that we
have actual reports to supply them, so we copy selected files to archives at
end year, before YTD is zeroed, so that kind of info is available just in
case.

ITH inventory history, has the actual usage transactions, and ITE
transaction type, and the reason code table, clarifies which are usage and
demand transactions, and which are negative that, such as return to vendor
because defective. You could do a query, totals only, or regular program
... may have to go into GL period to get at fiscal month date ranges.

Be sure to include "B" = raw materials shipped to a customer, and any that
YOUr company has added. We have "transfer to sister company" for variety of
reasons, that is not on BPCS.

We keep our IYH a little longer than 12 months, to simplify ability to serve
needs of auditors in the spring. They are just like bosses. You don't know
in advance what they will want, but they want it yesterday. I don't
understand why this would scare anyone. It is business as usual for IT.

This can be complicated if we actually get same part from more than one
vendor. Does management want buyer to be telling supplier-A what is our
usage of what we got from their competitor-B?

-
Al Mac
Now semi-retired & busy helping with Haiti relief
Al on Linked In
http://www.linkedin.com/in/almacintyre
If you also Linked In
- notice "volunteer" promotion of relief efforts
- scroll to bottom of my profile there to see groups me in