From: bpcs-l-bounces+macwheel99=wowway.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:bpcs-l-bounces+macwheel99=wowway.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
cfgwizard@xxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, January 25, 2010 11:18 AM
To: bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [BPCS-L] A question from my Purchasing Manager

Don,

If it is just a gross estimate they are looking for, you could look at
INV300, use the YTD Issues field in the Item Master and prorate it up to an
annual amount it you need. Or you could go back to the backup you made at
year end and pull that value. The month-end processing also recalcs an
average monthly usage qty in IIM that could be used in a similar fashion. I
realize that neither of these is nearly as much fun as sifting thru millions
of ITH records to produce a number that seems more precise.

Not certain that matters if the real question is how much WILL we need to
buy in the future. That might call for MPS/MRP to process your forecast and
let it generate the planned orders for these components. Obviously the more
detail in the forecast, the better the planned orders detail. There are
lots of options on how to manage this. A recent client of mine had the
luxury of access to most of their customers forecast out six months to a
year. After MRP they download the planned orders to Excel and pass it on to
their vendors as a guideline.

Regards, Larry Costain