As a default most of our printed output goes to BPCSOUTQ. This is not
attached to any active printer. When they want to print something they
move it to their printer. Well, someone changed a writer to start
processing BPCSOUTQ. So people from several states/countries/etc had
their stuff sent to this writer. To top it all off the writer was for
Infoprint server and all this stuff went out as email. Default (luckily
enough) is to send it to whomever generated it.

Standard 4.0.5CD menu option
F14=Services
2 Work with Output Queue
F20=Writers
Helps if you change your assistance level from basic to intermediate.

And the bear is that this is not logged in any of the following:
- QAUDJRN (of course - no object was changed)
- DSPLOG
- DSPMSG QSYSOPR
- Any of the jobs associated with that writer.

The only possible way to catch it is to look at all interactive jobs
(providing they are still signed on). But who wants to pour through these
jobs individual joblog?
Users:
Signed on . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 448
Temporarily signed off . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 0
Suspended by system request or group jobs . . . . . . . : 1
Signed off with printer output waiting to print . . . . : 6111
DSPSYSSTS ASTLVL(*BASIC)

Plan C is to add a Command Exit point on CHGWTR and see if we can pin the
individual down the next time. We could also say that if the writer they
are trying to change is our infoprint server to not allow them to attach
it to BPCSOUTQ.
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v6r1m0/topic/apis/xcachg.htm

Rob Berendt