We are also 405 CD. We have on average 2-5 transfers a day, out of over 1 million ITH transactions a year, dominated by CI components issued thru JIT600 backflushing from labor.

We have multiple facilities, where same item sometimes different cost by facility.
We use list of "T" to identify when cost difference in need of GL adj correction.

The people entering inventory transactions do not need to know cost implications.
Accounting then gets info on cost implications.

You might review what detail of warehouse location is needed for inventory accuracy, and the corporate cost of that. We used to track inventory by bin locations, and it was costing the company in staff persons, to manage stock room. Now we treat the entire factory as one location for inventory purposes, and while there is sometimes a hassle to find some part, staff costs are way down.

Most of our transfers are between our factory and a special warehouse for QC problems ,,, inventory set aside for repair analysis, or QC evaluate if repairable. When inventory is returned by customers (using a special return transaction to help us track that) it goes into the QC warehouse. When inspectors reject some part, it gets scrapped, repaired immediately, or still in factory production warehouse with repair tag paperwork.

What Dick said. We have that, which we resolve via weekly reorg.
The main reason for our reorg is stuff sometimes not add up right after inventory or requirements go negative. I have a query I run each nite listing the screwed up items. When the list gets to be 2-3 pages long, that is time to run another reorg.

, Don Cavaiani wrote:

Greetings,

405CD - I am thinking about dropping the writing of records to the ITH file for Transfer Type transactions (they dominate the type of record in our ITH file).

I was wondering if anyone could tell whether or not there would be any "negative" impact on the month-end Cost and/or Accounting close programs - i.e., any errors which may pop up w/o these trasactions being in the file? I would only stop the writing of the Transfer from/to records to ITH - all other file logic would remain the same (in the transfer program).

Don
Don F. Cavaiani
IT Manager
Amerequip Corp.
920-894-7063

"It's amazing what you can accomplish if you don't care who gets the credit." Harry S. Truman