Yes, V6.1 has the option to PURGE PO data at month end.

However it does not archive the data, and you can loose a lot of
historical information by just dumping the data after x months/years.

As an example I have had complaints from our buyers that they can't find
information on who they bought a given part from 3 or 4 years ago, and
that price history is incomplete. As a result I have stopped purging the
data until a solution can be found for keeping that kind of information
available for the buyers.

Doug McLauchlan
Planar Systems, Inc.

"DeeDee Virgei" <DeeDee.Virgei@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: bpcs-l-bounces+doug_mclauchlan=planar.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
05/17/2006 08:46 AM
Please respond to
"SSA's BPCS ERP System" <bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

"SSA's BPCS ERP System" <bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: [BPCS-L] Archiving Purchase Order Files (HPO & HPH)

Hello Larenzo,

We are on V4.05CD, but I believe this works the same for v6.1...

Look at RPG program PUR900 (Purchase Month End Close).  It is the
program that does controlled purges on the HPO/HPH records based on
certain conditions; more specifically, it sets on/off a DELete flag
based on values in some fields, e.g., record ID, status, closed date...
The logic is spelled out/documented well in this program...  Good luck.

Regards,

DeeDee Virgei
Project Leader

Nelson Stud Welding, Inc.