I love BPCS_L ... so educational ... people always asking intriguing questions that broaden our awareness of all the stuff BPCS can do.

I looked up the documentation on this,
you also ought to be able to do most of what I did, but then I have 15 years BPCS experience
knowing how to navigate the ***** documentation and add to collection of tools is more than 1/2 the battle.

You can get what the name of the file is various ways
like WRKOBJ ASD
You can get layout of the fields via DSPFFD ASD
You can get statistics on contents via DSPFD ASD

We have 33 active records, 500 deleted, in ASD

You can dump contents of your active records to screen via RUNQRY *N ASD

The above commands work for any BPCS file, and some of them also other kinds of objects

The name of the file is
A/P Logged Invoice Detail Lines
which tells me to go look in the A/P documentation such as member SSARUN12 of BPCSDOC
and search for explanation of logged or logging or whatever

A logged invoice is an A/P invoice not posted until a later time.
The info is entered just like a regular invoice, but no files updated until it is activated thru ACP500.
Use Menu SSAA00 option six to start your logged invoices.

ACP290 = list logged invoices
ACP311 = inquiry logged invoices
ACP500 = activate logged invoices
ACP501 = enter logged invoices

I was also curious where ASD used in BPCS
I long since abandoned XRF in 405 CD because its SSA designers were brain dead on security
(you have to make 100% of your work force an IBM master security officer for it to work)
so I use IBM's GO CMDREF on all of BPCS into one work file searcheable with query/400 but RUNQRY X_TRACE comes up with nothing in the standard library list, telling me that this sucker must be soft coded

, you wrote:
Dear BPCS professional;

Can anyone tell me what is the ASD file used for ?

Thanks

Kusman Lim
PT Takeda Indonesia

at http://archive.midrange.com/bpcs-l.