We are 405 CD Mixed Mode which may be a bit different than your reality.
For automated stuff we use IBM Job Scheduler which is somewhat limited compared to say ROBOT from Help Systems.

Are you aware that if a BPCS reorganization job tries to run and someone is currently signed onto BPCS, even at a menu, not actually running what we think of as a program, the reorg job can bomb, because BPCSMENU is a PROGRAM that has access to some files like IIM.

Have you successfully submitted other BPCS stuff to batch?
I have, but it is a horrendous ordeal.

If you look at the process of automated submission, such as GO CMDSCDE, the jobs from there do not have the BPCS library list or a whole lot more, so you have to replicate the kinds of actions that are found in BPCS CL such as:
Specific Values for BPCS Environment
BPCS Switches, Data Areas, all kinds of weird stuff to figure out what is this?
BPCS Foreign Language (if any)

CALL SYS664 PARM('SYS664') to setup the LDA
and a bunch of other SYS-huh?

I am struggling with one of these right now.
We have this report that runs off of GO CMDSCDE every nite for Diane for facility 20
Todd wanted one Tues & Thu mornings for facility 40
The idea here is that when all the day's transactions have been entered, various tasks run, then are sitting on people's printers when they show up the next morning, and it is the latest story.

Well Todd's is bombing on SYS110C not being in the library list.
I ran PDM-54 to compare the code for the job for Diane with the one for Todd
and they are identical except for references to facility
so the next thing I looking into is Todd security ... perhaps there is some difference vs. Diane that prevents the library list from being setup properly before it gets to SYS110C

Incidentally PDM-54 is a wonderful tool ... I wish I had known about it back when we were doing Y2K BMR mergers. You can use it to compare 2 versions of the same or related program and it identifies what precisely is different in the code between the two.

Jim wrote:
I am attempting to submit the BPCS reorganization programs to batch, and
am encountering an error message.  The CL program that is submitted
performs the following:

CALL       PGM(ACR970B) PARM(' ')
CALL       PGM(INV970B)
CALL       PGM(INV972B)
CALL       PGM(SFC990B)
CALL       PGM(ORD990B)
CALL       PGM(INV971B)
CALL       PGM(SFC971B)
CALL       PGM(SYS990B)

The first program apparently completed normally, but the next (INV970B)
did not. I received the following message:

SYS0245 Security Check Failed

Followed by.

CPD0170 Program SYS656CK in library *LIBL not found.

Has any one else attempted to automate these jobs, and if so. how did
you do it?

Thanks!

Jim Sehi